Selecting the right floor for your home is very important. Several aspects will need to be considered such as budget, material selection, choosing the right installer, floor longevity, and cleaning — just to name the most important ones. It’s up to you to decide how you want your home to look, whether you want it to look elegant, modern, or rustic. To help you with all of this, our design consultant at West Coast Floor Company in Vallejo or Napa is available to help you with material selection, the design and will give you valuable advice.
Here are some things you should consider before choosing a flooring company.
- Design and Planning – It’s ironic, but companies in the flooring industry often do not provide a basic service for floor design and planning. A good service provider will help you with the design and help you plan out your flooring project. Choose a company that offers in-home design consultation. Avail yourself of their expertise to get closer to the result you want.
- Product Selection – Another thing to keep in mind when choosing the ideal service provider is the range of flooring materials they can offer. But beware, the wider the selection they harder it will be to choose. That is where a professional design specialist will come in handy. He/she will be able to help you zero in on the perfect flooring based on room usage and design. You most likely will choose a different floor for kitchen and bathroom then a bedroom for instance.
- Access to Quality Products – In addition to the range of products, the quality of them is also important. Buying flooring can be expensive and you will want to know that the materials you select will withstand wear and tear. However, due to tough competition in the market, suppliers are now trying to offer the best materials on the market. Choose a flooring company that has a showroom where you can see samples of flooring materials and even take them home to see if you like them in your space.
- Skills and experience – Select a company that also does the installation. You may think that a floor installer has the skill to work with any type of floor. That may not be the case. It is a totally different process to install carpet vs hardwood vs tile. Always look for a flooring company that has years of your required skills and experiences.
- Communication – Good communication is a must, especially when you need someone to follow your instructions and make the right decisions. You can get an idea of the quality of a prospective floor installer communications by how long it takes him to answer your questions.
- After-sales Service – The after-sales service is an important aspect of customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, not all service providers understand the importance of long-term business relationships and customer loyalty. How can you ensure that your chosen company will provide good service in the coming years? Ask them for a list of previous clients and call them to get their feedback on the services performed.
Whether you are looking for a company to buy flooring materials from, install hardwood floors, refinish hardwood floors or trying to locate a good installer for any wood floor, there are some items require your attention before finalizing your flooring work. Since you spend a lot of money on this business, it is better to take the time to choose the right service provider.
- Stay local. Look for trusted companies in your community.
- Beware of companies that try to attract you to wholesale or close-out discount offers. The material on the floor is very expensive. If you get a “too good to be true” discount, it is likely that the material and services are not reliable. Just think, if you buy inferior quality materials, you will spend more money to replace it later.
- Only contract with an insured and licensed company for your own protection. When you spend money, make sure you get the equipment and services that meet your expectations.
Not all companies are the same, nor are their services. A reputable company will pride itself in providing excellent services.
For the residents of Napa Valley, Vallejo, Benicia, Fairfield, Vacaville, Concord, Walnut Creek, Danville, Alamo, Richmond, and other nearby places, contact WEST COAST FLOOR COMPANY – a family-run, 2nd generation flooring specialist boasting integrity, honesty, superior craftsmanship, and communication.
For those in need of our services, please contact us at 707-864-2199